Licensing Qualifications


By law all sales of alcohol conducted on licensed premises must be authorised by a personal licence holder. In order to apply to become a personal licence holder, the applicant must hold an accredited qualification to prove they can sell alcohol both legally and responsibly.

HABC personal licence holder qualifications provide candidates with essential knowledge of the legal frameworks surrounding the sale of alcohol in the UK. Because there are some differences between the licensing laws of England and Wales and those of Scotland, there is a requirement for HABC to provide two separate awards for learners.  Devon & Cornwall Training Services only provides training for those in England & Wales due to these laws.

HABC Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (RQF) 

HABC also offers an accredited qualification, which is appropriate for learners working in a variety of roles in retail or licensed premises. It provides information about legislation relating to age-restricted products and how to prevent their unlawful sale.

HABC Level 2 Award in Underage Sales Prevention (RQF)

As an additional service we can support you in your application for your Personal Licence application

These courses can take place anywhere with in the South West Region, subject to candidate numbers. Please contact us with your training requirements and we will make suitable arrangements.

CitizenCard logo


Today The ‘No ID, No Sale!’ campaign has been operated by the largest UK PASS Card issuer CitizenCard since 2004 offering free downloads and Retail Packs to independent retailers.